Some investors are focused on 1-2 sectors in particular. Others have a more generalist approach. I like to think of myself as being somewhere in the middle. I enjoy spending time across a number of areas / industries, but not everything.
Spaces that excite me most.
- Enterprise software
- Sports, Health, and Wellness
- Consumer brands: brands that can help shape the future
- Consumer social / "SaaS for consumers"
- Vertical SaaS
Where I've spent time in the past.
- SaaS management
- B2B marketplaces
- Customer Success / Customer Experience
- Construction technology
- Transportation & Logistics
- Board management software
What I look for in a business.
- Strong founding team & vision
- Strong network effect / moat possibilities
- Strong business (i.e. big TAM, strong unit economics, high retention, sticky product / killer UX, etc.)
To sum it up, I am most interested in things that have the potential to shape our lives in the future. People / companies with a vision of the future, that includes the thing they are building, excite me most. If you are able to see a better future, due in some respect / capacity, to the product / company / etc. you are building, that (in my opinion) will set you on the right path for success. And, hence, gets me excited!